Loligo vulgaris, squid or cephalopods with 10 tentacles, fried, breaded or prepared as salad, grilled or like in this recipe stuffed, have been a source of culinary pleasure from ancient times. Round this perfectly with wine.
- Clean the squid and dry with paper towel. Cut off the tentacles and chop them finely.
- Mix well the tentacles with bread crumbs, parsley, Parmesan, mozzarella cut in cubes, chopped garlic, Vegeta fish no MSG added and 50 ml of olive oil. Stuff the squid with this mixture using a spoon, but only half-fill them and close each one with a tooth pick.
- Fry the stuffed squid in remaining oil for about ten minutes.
- In another pan, briefly brown sliced onion, chopped garlic and parsley in olive oil for the tomato sauce. Stir in tomato puree, Vegeta fish no MSG added, pepper and simmer gently for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in sherry and cherry tomatoes cut in quarters. Continue cooking for another five minutes.
Serve stuffed squid mixed in, or topped with warm tomato sauce and with polenta.
Put the squid in a broad pan in cold olive oil and cook covered, but not completely.