For those visiting Mexico, one of the most interesting destinations is »el mercado« or the market. It is the central part of Mexican lifestyle, a gathering place, enriched with various ingredients used in Mexican cuisine.
- Separate the beef steak from excess fat and veins.
- Cut the pancetta in small, thin pieces, suitable for stuffing.
- Make small cuts in the meat, and fill in with the carrot and pancetta, alternating.
- Cook the meat in hot oil, turning so it cooks evenly on all sides.
- To the meat add water, garlic, onion, Vegeta Gourmet Stock Powder, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Cook on low heat, covered roughly for 1 hour. Turn the meat occasionally and add more water, if needed.
- Let the meat cool, before you slice in to thin slices.
Serve with steamed vegetables.
This Mexican style meal can be served on special occasions as a cold entree.