Springtime is an ideal time for roasted, seasoned lamb. With spring potatoes, carrots and peas as a side dish, you will get a real spring rhapsody of flavours.
- Slice the bacon and peeled garlic into sticks.
- Cut leg of lamb in several places with the tip of a knife to make small, deep holes.
- Fill holes with bacon and garlic. Rub the leg of lamb with a tablespoon of Vegeta Grill Classic and then fry in oil on all sides.
- Put the fried leg of lamb in a roasting pan together with oil. Add a little water, cover with aluminum foil and roast in the oven at 200°C around 2 hours.
- During roasting, turn over the leg of lamb and pour water on it. Quarter peeled new potatoes and cube carrots.
- Cook the peas almost entirely and drain.
- Near the end of roasting, add cooked vegetables to the lamb.
- Add olives, stir well and roast together around 20 minutes.
- Slice the leg of lamb and serve with the vegetables and the salad of your choice.
Let the leg of lamb cool for a while before slicing. This will make it easier to slice and will give more attractive pieces to serve.