This recipe can also be prepared with frozen shrimp. The only difference is that the cooking process is shorter. If using frozen shrimp, they only need to be stirred in to the cooked, very hot rice.
- Place the rice in hot, salted water. Cook until the rice starts softening and drain. Ensure that about 2 cups of water the rice was cooked in, is placed aside to be added later.
- Heat up the oil in a wider pan, and add garlic. After a few seconds add in the shrimps.
- Salt them and after a few minutes of cooking cover with cognac. This mixture can now be lit (with a match/or a lighter) and then put out by covering with wine.
- Bring to boil, and then mix in the prepared rice as well as Vegeta. Cook this and slowly start adding cups of water (previously set aside).
- Stir in the cream, butter and chopped parsley, just before finishing the recipe. Sprinkle with pepper and mix well.
Serve warm, and sprinkle with parmesan cheese, if prefer.
Uncooked rice can also be added to the cooked shrimp, while adding liquid stock, in which the shrimp shell was cooked in.