You have already been in the situation trying to explain to a foreigner “Zagorje noodles”. And probably you concluded that the best way to describe them is – to taste them! And indeed, when joined with juicy roasted meat with crispy crust….
- Rub a cavity and outside of cleaned duck with Vegeta.
- Put the duck on a baking sheet and put an apple into its cavity. Pour over hot oil, place under some 50 ml water and roast in preheated oven at 180oC approximately 2, 5 to 3 hours. While roasting, pour the baking sauce and a little water over the duck .
- Combine honey, oil and vinegar, and brush the duck with this mixture some 30 minutes before it’s done.
- Take out roasted duck and discard surplus grease from the pan.
- Zagorje noodles cook in salt water, drain and mix with the gravy remained from roasting.
Slice the duck and serve with prepared Zagorje noodles and salad to your liking.
In order not to burn duck’s skin, after 1,5 hour of roasting, cover the duck with aluminum foil.